"The Fighter"

So those, who have seen the biographical movie "The Fighter", which just won two Oscars, might remember how in the first part of the movie Christian Bale's character Dicky Eklund was followed by an HBO film team making a documentary about his life. I was completely surprised to find the real and actual documentary, that was shown in 1995, online and all I can say after seeing it is... wow. Watching that right after the movie and seeing the characters' real life counterparts was mind blowing. It made me realize just how true to life the movie was. Not only that but you see exactly what miserable lives the drug addicts that Dicky hung with had. It's just incredible and surreal to watch this and think that one day this guy will be played in a Hollywood movie by Christian Bale and his brother will be champion.

So if you liked the movie and you're interested in the people portrayed then check it out.

http://www.snagfilms.com/films/title/high_on_crack_street_lost_lives_in_lowell/
Share on Google Plus
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

8 comments:

  1. seems like a good movie. i need to make time to watch it someday

    ReplyDelete
  2. I seen the fighter and it was one of the best movies of 2010! I'm interested about the real life of dicky eklund so I'm going to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. every1 is talking abt the movie.its is my watch list

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's a real documentary?! No way! How did I not hear about this....wow. Thanks for the link man, I think I'll hvae to watch that tonight. I enjoyed the Fighter so much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah it was a great movie. You have to hand it to Christian Bale, the guy might be a prick, but he is committed to his craft. Respect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A must watch just for Christian Bale acting in it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Didn't know about that documentary, thanks for the info. :)

    ReplyDelete